Let’s face it, we are not perfect. We spill, our dog’s tails hit glasses and on rare occasions, wine erupts out of our mouths from laughter. Depending on whether you are Type A or B, you either attempt to clean up the stain right away meanwhile frantically Google-ing or you wait until the next morning to sort it out once the wine headache kicks in. We have solutions for both situations! So without further ado – here are 7 full proof methods on how to remove wine stains.
IMPORTANT: Grab the roll of paper towels and DAB the stain in order to absorb as much wine as possible first. Do NOT apply heat, this actually alters the chemical process the stain goes through while drying.
1. The oldest trick in the book, SALT
- This is one of the quicker solutions when you don’t want to get on your hands and knees and just need something to soak up the wine while you continue on with the party. Just dump a pile of salt on and let it sit over night to reduce the stain (this way you can deal with it in the morning). Other alternatives to salt that act as the same powdery absorbing material is also baking soda, dry soap powder, talcum powder or even kitty litter.
2. Another household remedy, CLUB SODA
– This can work fine on its own while still blotting with a towel or combine it with the salt for that extra boost.
3. To take it up a notch, DISHWASHING LIQUID & HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
–This works best mixed (3 parts hydrogen peroxide to 1 part dish soap) and is probably the most popular DIY solution. Some people swear by Dawn. This mixture combines the lifting effect and acts as an agent that effectively breaks down the red color in red wine.
4. Who would have thought it could be this simple but, HOT WATER
–Hot water is very different from just blasting a blow dryer on the stain. This works best for fabrics that you can stretch taught over a bowl to pour the hot water through, ex: cotton or linen tablecloths, shirts, pillow cases. This is the method Nuns used every Sunday since Communion always leaves stains.
5. The ever trustworthy, OXI-CLEAN
– When worse comes to worse, just flashback to those obnoxiously loud commercials and remember “if it ain’t clean, it ain’t Oxi-Clean”. You want to make sure to use the powder and mix a few scoops in a big tub with hot water and soak the fabric in the tub. After you wash it like normal (this method works for almost any stain as well.)
6. The greatest invention ever, WINE AWAY
– You can even spray this stuff on months old stains and it will take the stain right out. Just spray, let it sit for a couple of minutes (long enough to go open a new bottle of wine, for example) and then blot with a paper towel or rag.
7. Last but not least, BAKING SODA AND WHITE VINEGAR
– Just sprinkle a little baking soda and the stain should change from a red to a light grey but be careful not to use too much! Then proceed to wring out the cloth in white vinegar or blot and leave to dry then vacuum.
And there you have it! One of these has got to work for your stain no matter where the spot is. So happy blotting!!
Jhulelal Institute Of Technology inviting all JEE Applicatins 2018 Admissions, JIT is in one the top engineering colleges of Maharashtra that offers various engineering courses like B.Tech in mechanical, electrical, computer science, IT, B.Arch and many more.Last day for Application is extented till Last Week of May 2018!!!
http://admissions.jit.org.in/ http://www.top10collegemaharashtra.com/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSTBDUES4YU